Page 32 - Land of Legends
P. 32

The Medical Mural Painted by Daf- ford , it celebrates the history of the past and present medical facilities in Pine Bluff. The mural panel on the left is the Davis Hospital, built in 1910 and the right panel is Jefferson Regional Medical Center which opened in the early 1960’s and continues to serve the needs of pa- tients in South Arkansas. 201 S. Main St. The Timber Mural Timber was a big industry in Jefferson County at the turn of the century. David and Susan Kelly Frye of Houston, Texas used old photographs from the industry to fashion a composite image depicting logging, train steam engines and saw mills. 301 E. Fifth Ave. The River Mural Painted by Alan Wylie of British Columbia from three turn-of-the-century photographs, this mural depicts life on the Arkansas River during another time. 111 W. Fifth Ave. The Arkansas Flag Mural Returning to Pine Bluff the Fryes created the mural honoring Willie Hocker, designer of the State Flag of Arkansas. 225 West Barraque The Auto Club Mural All automobile owners in Jefferson County met at the end of Main Street in 1905 to pose for a photograph. Lo- cated at Third and Main, this "Main Event" was recreated in the mural by Dan Sawatsky of Chemainus, British Columbia. 300 S. Main St. 33 


































































































   30   31   32   33   34